Thursday, March 19, 2015

Airplane Skin Essentials


Airplanes are one of the worst things in the world for your skin. I've never actually minded them much, until I realized how quickly they can reverse any progress you have made with your skin. I always try to make an effort to take measures to protect my skin from the dehydrating air of planes, and maybe even improve it a little on those long flights. Here are my must haves and routine for airplane skincare!

Origins Drink Up Face Mask: The first thing I do when I get on the plane is put on this mask. It is clear, so you don't look crazy while on the plane, is super hydrating and protective, and smells like a delicious apricot. I have a travel size of this mask which is perfect, however the full size meets TSA requirements for carry on liquids as well!

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads: I use these to take off my face mask once the plane lands. These pads gently exfoliate, act as a toner, and instantly brighten my face, which is perfect after a long, stressful plane ride.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: I then use my favorite moisturizer in the world to lock in the hydration the mask gave my skin. I scooped a little out from the full size container into a sample container I received from lush. Just ask for a sample of one of lush's conditioners, and then reuse the container.

Benefit Porefessional: Because I was traveling somewhere nice and warm, I applied a little of this primer to prevent any oiliness and smooth out my skin without having to put in the effort of a concealer or foundation.

First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy: Lastly, I put a bit of this under my eyes to cover dark circles and depuff my eyes. This is not my favorite under eye concealer as it does crease a bit, but it is super brightening and I absolutely love the soothing metal applicator.

How do you combat airplane air? What is your favorite way to pass the time on a long plane ride? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo


4 comments :

  1. WHAT A GREAT POST! I've been meaning to try First Aid Beauty... also I love the starry blog layout <3 joined your site and hope you'll do the same :)

    xoxo
    Chic Dream Jar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so adorable –– I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Read more here, and comment on my blog when you've responded!! I'd love to read all your responses <3

    xoxo
    Chic Dream Jar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much that really means a lot!!! i'll have my responses up soon :)

      Delete
  3. Hello there i would just like to let you know i've nominated you for the Libster award! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete