Monday, March 2, 2015

Mini Drugstore Haul




I stopped in CVS for shampoo yesterday and, of course, got completely sucked in by the makeup aisle. I only picked up four things, which honestly was showing pretty good restraint for me. Here's what I grabbed and my first impressions!

I feel like the color tattoos are always being talked about, and I only have the shade bad to the bronze, so I wanted to try some more. This shade is a dark, aptly named chocolate brown, with some golden and red shimmer. So far it has not been blending quite as well as bad to the bronze, but is still really nice. This would be great for a soft brown smokey eye, as a base, or on its own. 

I always kind of shy away from lipliners, but as I have been getting into lipsticks more and more I decided it was time to start experimenting with lipliners a little. This shade is such a gorgeous, mauvey pink. It's nice and creamy, and the pointed edge makes it easy to apply. However, when I first tried this, a good chunk of it broke right off, so make sure that the nib is as low as it can be. This shade is versatile, you could definitely get away with using it under lighter and darker pinks, or even on its own with a lip balm or gloss. Can't wait to really test it out!

I've been wanting to try purple lipstick for awhile now, and I knew that I liked this formula so I figured I would give it a go! The shade of purple is on the pinkier side, making it pretty wearable. I actually like it a lot so far, although I did notice a bit more feathering than I usually see with this formula. Other than that, no complaints yet!

I think this might be creamiest gel liner I have ever used. It is so black, and looks closer to a soft liquid liner than it does to a dark pencil liner. Because of how soft it is, I find it a bit harder to apply, but with just a little bit of practice the results are stunning. Possibly could be my new holy grail liner!!  


Have you tried any of these products before? Let me know what you think, and don't forget to leave a link to your blog if you have one so I can make sure to check it out! 

xoxo

6 comments :

  1. I love everything you picked up - great haul! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried any of these products, but they all look amazing. Definitely going to check them out soon :)

    tonixox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound great, I haven't tried any of these products
    I have heard a lot about that lip liner, maybe it's time I bought one too :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far I really like it, definitely give it a go!!

      Delete